A fire suppression system is designed to put out fires in commercial properties. In addition, these systems are designed to prevent extensive damage from taking place as a result of the fire. Ironically, however, fire suppression systems may cause extensive damage to the items inside of your property if the system relies on water to put out said fires. However, if you opt for a clean agent fire suppression system, you and your business may be better off. Never heard of this type of system? Not sure if you need this type of system? Read on to learn more.
What You Should Ask Yourself
If you are unsure whether you are in need of a clean agent fire suppression system for your commercial property, here are a few questions you should ask yourself regarding your space.
- Does your space contain a lot of computers, electronics, or other types of electrical equipment that could potentially be damaged or destroyed by excessive heat, smoke, and/or water?
- Does your space contain any kind of valuable items, such as paintings, artwork, historical artifacts, and fine linens that could potentially be ruined by excessive heat, smoke, and/or water?
- Does your space contain any sensitive electronic pieces that could potentially be damaged by extreme heat or excessive smoke, even in the event that the flames don't reach it?
- Does your space contain other kinds of materials or valuables that could potentially be damaged or destroyed by extreme heat or excessive smoke?
If your answer was yes to any or all of the questions above, then a clean agent fire suppression system should seriously be considered for your commercial property. Basically, if extreme heat, excessive smoke, or water can harm the items in your space and don't want to lose those items, then a clean agent system is needed.
Keep in mind, though, that the clean agent may be unable to adequately suppress a fire if the intended protected space is unable to maintain the clean agent. The efficiency of the clean agent system significantly relies on enclosure integrity.
What Are the Benefits of the Clean Agent Fire Suppression System?
When you have sensitive materials or equipment, such as those in an art gallery or service room, that can easily and quickly be damaged by smoke or heat, you need to ensure that you have the proper protection outfitted in your building. When it comes to a clean agent fire suppression system, there are numerous benefits that you can reap. Here are a few of them.
- These systems work quickly, responding to a fire and suppressing the fire in its early stages, before excessive smoke and extreme heat can occur.
- These systems can prevent further damage by suppressing the fire prior to the heat increasing so much that it activates the building's water sprinkler system.
- These systems minimize overall downtime since they suppress the fire faster, equating to less damage.
- These systems are safe for humans and the environment.
- These systems do not leave behind a residue.
If you believe that your business can benefit from the installation of a clean agent fire suppression system, contact a company in your area that can handle the installation and provide you with additional information.
To learn more, contact a resource like Advanced Fire & Safety Inc.